Friday, October 1, 2010

Dear EF,

I have successfully avoided accidentally running in to you for three years now, except for that one time with your son in the library, which wasn't terrible because he served as a distraction from my poor Italian skills. But today I broke routine, and there you were! You did not speak one word of English, and I comprehended zero, niente. (I actually Google'd that to make sure it was correct) I don't think you realized how traumatizing this was for me, so let me enlighten you.

Immediately after our meeting, I fled the scene like a murderer, all but running from the building. I laughed at the awkwardness on my walk to work... out loud. This made people stare uncomfortably. Then I tried to go through the revolving doors, and slammed into the glass curve on the other side. Once I was in the elevators, I thought I could regain my sanity, but no. I tried to push the "close door" button to speed up the process, but pushed "open rear door instead." So here I am, with two elevator doors open, with people awkwardly peering in.

It's okay. I learned my lesson. What? No, the lesson is not refresh my Italian speaking skills, so this is not uncomfortable next time. The lesson is stay away from Buttrick Hall, so I can avoid you all together.



,
C.

1 comment:

alb said...

I think this may be your funniest one yet, and not just because I got to watch the train wreck happen...